The Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance (MIRA) uses advocacy, education, organizing and legal services to expand and protect the rights of immigrants and their families in Mississippi.
MIRA envisions a Mississippi that supports, protects, and welcomes immigrants from across the globe working hand-in-hand to create a thriving community called home.
- We believe in keeping families together.
- We believe legal assistance is a right.
- We believe access to healthcare and housing are basic needs that should be protected.
- We believe immigrants and their families deserve to be treated at all times with compassion, dignity, fairness and respect.
- We believe in a pathway to citizenship.
- We believe our mission can be achieved by seeking opportunities to empower immigrants to advocate for themselves.
- We believe immigrant rights are human rights.
- We believe it is through our alliance with like-minded individuals and groups that we are able to bring people together for our common goals.