YOU can be part of the movement for social justice in Mississippi. Here are just a few examples of activities MIRA volunteers can perform:
- assist domestic violence survivors in communicating with police
- staff our conferences and public events
- perform administrative tasks in our offices
- host house meetings to get your community involved
- translate documents and conversations to/from English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- accompany our organizers to meetings with elected officials
Please fill out the contact form below, and specify what you would like to contribute as a MIRA volunteer. We’ll find a good match for your interests, skills, availability and location.
Attorneys, law students, and other volunteers with legal experience may contact the Legal Project directly (firstname.lastname@example.org, 601 354-9355).