The Legal Project is an in-house legal service directed by Attorney L. Patricia Ice.
The Legal Project works alongside MIRA Community Organizers helping to present Know Your Rights workshops where legal services are crucial in developing Family Safety Planning Toolkits, including:
- General Power of Attorney;
- Child Drop-Off and Pick-Up Authorization Form; and
- Employee Request to Release a Pay Check to Another Authorization Form.
The Legal Project works on the following kinds of cases:
- I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
- I-485 Application for Permanent Residence and I-485 Supplement A
- I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
- N-400 Application for Naturalization
- N-600 Application for Citizenship
- I-821 Application for Temporary Protected Status
- I-821D Consideration for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- I-918 Application for U Nonimmigrant Status
- I-914 Application for T Nonimmigrant Status
- I-360 Petition for Special Immigrant Status
- G-325A Biographical Information Form
- I-864 Affidavit of Support
- I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- I-601A Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
- I-601 Application for Waiver for Grounds of Admissibility
- NVC Consular Processing, including Fee Bills
From time to time the Legal Project collaborates with other organizations to educate immigrants and their families and to train pro bono lawyers to assist with immigration cases.
The Legal Project no longer handles immigrant detention and/or removal cases in the Immigration Courts.